Already in my early years it was clear for me to become a surgeon. After my Abitur 1996 in Regensburg I started my civilian service in the OP of the university clinic Regensburg. This first "operative contact" strengthened me in my intention and so I began my studies of human medicine. Before that, I completed an apprenticeship as a paramedic in Halle/Saale. I received my license to practise medicine in 2006 in Regensburg.
I started my surgical training as an assistant doctor at the Rhönklinikum Meiningen. Under the direction of Dr. Düwel, I was able to gain operative experience in general, visceral and vascular surgery very early on. So I began to focus my interest on the surgical treatment of diseases of the digestive tract and actively participate in the certification and organization of the Darmzentrum Südthüringen. During my work at the Klinikum Ingolstadt under the direction of Prof. Dr. Hosch I gained experience in highly specialized surgery and gained additional insights into thoracic surgery. In order to expand my spectrum, I moved to the Klinikum Fürstenfeldbruck, where I worked in independent patient care in general and visceral surgery as well as in accident surgery.
Due to my interests it was obvious for me to graduate as a specialist in visceral surgery and I achieved this goal in 2012 after six years of training. During my entire training period I deepened my knowledge in proctology and gained a lot of experience in the conservative and operative treatment of protological diseases.
Certificates & Awards
- Hildesheim Suture Course, Hildesheim Clinic
- Basic and advanced course for laparoscopic surgery, Tübingen
- Basic and Advanced Sonography Course, Bad Langensalza and LMU
- Specialist qualification in radiation protection, Klinikum Meiningen
- Practical course for visceral surgery, Warnemünde
- Basic coloproctology course, Stuttgart
- Certificate of expertise rescue service, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Training course: Minimally invasive surgery for advanced patients, Munich
- ATLS course, Hanover
- Visceral surgery surgical course of the DGAV1+2, soft tissues
- Proctological OP Workshop, Cologne
- Hospitations in coloproctological centres
- Endosonography course, Mannheim
- Participation in numerous congresses and symposia